Monday, December 05, 2005

 

Daily Vocabulary (or at least weekly)

stinking -- adj. 1. a. That stinks; offensively smelling.
b. said of an odour.
c. Used as a vague epithet connoting intense disgust and contempt.
d. As an intensifier: ‘offensively’, in stinking drunk, rich (somewhat derog.); also absol. and const. with, having too much (money, etc.).

Examples:
a. I wish someone would empty that stinking trash bucket over by the elevator so I didn't have to break into a run everytime I hit the third floor. It smells like someone dumped a dead goose in there.
b. The stinking aroma of my feet is said to have sent a number of interns running. The bellowing can't have helped.
c. That sinking bastard Lenny had better return my purple necktie or I'm going to have to make a visit down to the Plastics Department myself.
d. I would like to be stinking drunk, but I seem to spend more of my time being stinking rich. Oh wait a minute, it's the other way around.

That's all for today, folks.
Signed,
Big Boss A-Mighty

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?