Monday, November 21, 2005

 

Daily Vocabulary. Regular as crappy clockwork.

information fatigue -- n. Apathy, indifference, or mental exhaustion arising from exposure to too much information, esp. (in later use) stress induced by the attempt to assimilate excessive amounts of information from the media, the Internet, or at work.

Example: I suspect I am suffering from information fatigue, as I can only bring myself to poke at the front section of the newspaper each day, and never actually open it. In fact, this has been going on for weeks now. If Kevin had let me have my rathskellar way back when, this never would have happened.

If you hear the sound of weeping and wailing and the gnashing of teeth coming from my office, don't be surprised. Sausages, of course, would be appreciated.

Comments:
I am all for the staring at each other idea. I can't handle one more depressing news story. I just can't. I'm at my limit dammit! I'm a monkey on the edge!!!!!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?